1. Buy your land first before designing the log home. The
Design of your log home will depend on the topography of your property.
2. Choose a size and style floor plan that you can afford then shop your
tentative plans with log home producers. Get estimates that are comparable. Make
sure to thoroughly compare each company's package to ensure that each is bidding
the same materials. Rapid River Rustic, Inc sells an excellent Log Home
Catalog that includes 32 Standard Model Packages with size and floor plans and
price list, as well as many pages of color interior and exterior photos of
northern white cedar log homes. You may fine a standard plan, but keep in mind
most cedar log homes that Rapid River Rustic, Inc supplies the quality white
cedar log for are custom log homes that incorporate the home buyers ideas and
3. Ask your Log Home Supplier(s) for names of reputable builders to contact.
Then have them develop a soft budget then fully investigate your final choice of
4. Take your log home plans, soft budget, land information and personal
financial statement to your lending institution to establish your financial
5. Make the required deposit on your log home package to get your blueprints
6. Take blueprints to your builder to get bids started and establish expense
limits for a11 categories. When all costs are agreed to, sign contract with
7. Take finalized package to your bank for final approval. Once approved, your
contractor can begin building your log home.
8. Rapid River Rustic terms:
. All home orders require a 15% deposit.
. Payment totaling 60% ( 45% & 15% ) of total is due 45 days before the
scheduled delivery date.
. Final payment is due upon commencement of delivery of the home to the site
unless agreed to in writing and attached to this agreement. www.rapidriverrustic.com